Soldier was injured at Shyroky Lan proving ground due to burst of spark-guard

Source : 112 Ukraine

The official investigation will be held due to the incident
14:47, 20 April 2018

A soldier was injured at the Shyroky Lan proving ground in Mykolaiv region due to the burst of the spark-guard knee as 28th Independent Mechanized Brigade reported on Facebook.

‘Despite the numerous briefings, warnings and orders of the command toward the strict compliance with the fire security measures, a burst of the spark-guard knee took place in one of the tents at the Shyroky Lan proving ground in the result of the mistreatment of the heating means on April 18. As a result, one soldier was injured’, the message said.

Related: Donbas: One Ukrainian soldier killed in action

The official investigation will be held due to the incident.

As 112 International reported earlier, one military serviceman was killed, seven were injured in the fire at Shyroky Lan polygon in Mykolaiv region on Tuesday night. Khrystyna Vdovychenko, the press officer of the 92nd Independent Mechanized Brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, said that.

Related: Body of dead Armed Forces soldier handed over to Ukrainian side

"At the 235th combined-arms polygon a fire occurred as a result of a violation of safety rules when using the stove at night. One soldier got fatal injuries, seven people received burns of varying degrees of severity," Vdovychenko said.   

At the same time, volunteer Yury Mysiagin on Facebook says that one of the residential military tents was caught on fire.

Related: Missing Ukrainian soldier found dead, - Donbas conflict HQ

Later it was reported that the fire at Shyroky Lan firing range occurred due to the violation of safety rules, - specifically, because the perpetrator poured the flammable liquid into the fire, which resulted in fire spreading from the stove to his clothes and eventually the tent.

Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

see more