Whistleblower's lawyers have voiced concern about his safety and that testifying in-person could expose his identity. They have attributed some of that concern to statements by Trump, who called the inquiry a sham and has suggested that whistleblower committed treason.
08:04 20.11.2019 G7 ambassadors praise legislative efforts aimed at opening land sale market in Ukraine
23:17 19.11.2019 Impeachment witness says Ukraine ‘gradually came to understand’ Trump’s desired investigation was tied to aid, meeting
Whistleblower previously offered to answer lawmakers' questions under oath and in writing, if they were submitted by the House Intelligence Committee, as a whole, this new offer would be a direct channel of communication with the Republicans who are in the minority on that committee.
Republican leadership has complained that the process is unfair and overly restrictive on their ability to question witnesses.
The attorney, Mark Zaid, said that this offer underscores his client's desire to ensure his complaint is handled in a nonpartisan way.
"Being a whistleblower is not a partisan job nor is impeachment an objective. That is not our role," Zaid tweeted, adding that they "stand ready to cooperate and ensure facts - rather than partisanship - dictates any process involving" his client.
As we reported earlier, talks between lawyers for the whistleblower and representatives of the House of Representatives and Senate committees that want to question the intelligence official have all but deadlocked.
Republicans seek whistleblower's identity in U.S. impeachment inquiry 30 October 2019, 10:19
Whistleblower’s identity revealed 7 November 2019, 11:34
Impeachment inquiry is 'invalid' without whistleblower's testimony, - Graham 11 November 2019, 13:00
Whistleblower's lawyer urges Trump to stop attacking his client 8 November 2019, 16:25
- SOCIETY11:27Ukrainian animated film Deep Love receives award at Feinaki Beijing Animation Week
- POLITICS10:52One of witnesses in Trump's impeachment case may be covered on military base
- SPORT10:14UEFA Euro 2020: Ukraine to face Netherlands
- POLITICS09:31Deputy Foreign Minister Zerkal leaves office
- FINANCE08:48Ukraine should complete cooperation program with IMF by 2023, - Finance Minister
- POLITICS08:04G7 ambassadors praise legislative efforts aimed at opening land sale market in Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Russian drone downed over Donbas, - Ukrainian military
- POLITICS22:39Normandy talks could reaffirm Minsk agreement, order of its implementation, - Medvedchuk
- POLITICS21:58Medvedchuk: Authorities must provide land to everyone, even city residents, instead of selling it
- POLITICS21:15Medvedchuk urges to pass law on referendum in Ukraine
POLITICS 7 October 2019, 22:43 Steinmeier Formula: Solution to Donbas conflict should be acceptable for Ukraine
POLITICS 10 October 2019, 21:47 Peace in Donbas: Benefits for Ukrainian after return of uncontrolled territories
UKRAINE TOP 11 October 2019, 09:32 Press marathon of President Zelensky: Main statements. Updated
18 November 2019, 15:40 Russia returns Ukraine’s Navy vessels captured last year
15 November 2019, 20:28 New details in MH17 investigation: Russia’s high-rank officials involved