Fiona Hill, President Donald Trump's former top Russia adviser, will explain to Congress when she testifies next week that she was unaware of some aspects of the escalating Ukraine scandal, according to a source close with Hill who spoke to her on Thursday. This was reported by CNN.
13:43 22.10.2019 Self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic sentences Ukrainian journalist Aseev to 15 years in prison
She officially departed her role in August, though she had handed over most of her responsibilities in July, but was involved as Rudy Giuliani was making public pronouncements about Ukraine.
Hill, a former Brookings scholar, and skeptic of Russian President Vladimir Putin oversaw rocky Washington-Moscow ties while she held her role.
Hill's decision to serve on Trump's NSC was viewed as an intriguing move at the start of the administration.
As we reported earlier, in a blow to President Donald Trump’s efforts to block oversight of his business dealings, a U.S. court on Friday backed a House of Representative's request for the Republican’s financial records including tax documents, according to Reuters.
The 2-1 decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit moves House Democrats closer to accessing records that would shed light on Trump’s business interests and how he built his fortune.
Pompeo criticizes Congress Committees' investigation within Trump's impeachment 6 October 2019, 11:49
US Congress postpones vote on Trump’s impeachment 16 October 2019, 11:56
I tried to persuade Trump that Zelensky could be trusted, - Volker 5 October 2019, 08:36
- SOCIETY13:43Self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic sentences Ukrainian journalist Aseev to 15 years in prison
- POLITICS13:29Reform of Ukraine’s judicial system to be discussed at conference in Strasbourg
- POLITICS12:26I doubt Zelensky's environment, Bohdan is very dangerous, - MEP
- FINANCE11:48Ministry of Economy expects GDP to grow by 3.7% in 2020
- SPORT11:10Shakhtar to face Dynamo Zagreb in Champions League match
- POLITICS10:36Zelensky participates in enthronement ceremony of Japanese Emperor Naruhito
- SOCIETY09:57Facebook blocks Russian Instagram accounts created to interfere in U.S. elections
- UA & EU09:21Trump is ready for war with Iran
- FINANCE08:44Investors to get equal game rules in Ukraine, - Zelensky
- RUSSIA08:00Macron and Putin discuss terms of Normandy Summit
POLITICS 7 October 2019, 22:43 Steinmeier Formula: Solution to Donbas conflict should be acceptable for Ukraine
POLITICS 10 October 2019, 21:47 Peace in Donbas: Benefits for Ukrainian after return of uncontrolled territories
UKRAINE TOP 11 October 2019, 09:32 Press marathon of President Zelensky: Main statements. Updated
21 October 2019, 19:27 U.S. Island-class patrol boats delivered to Ukraine
17 October 2019, 18:04 Former political prisoner from Ukraine to sue Russia in ECHR