Former Vice President Joe Biden was defending his son during Tuesday's Democratic presidential debate, saying voters should focus on President Donald Trump's "corruption" instead of Hunter Biden's previous work in Ukraine, CNN reports.
08:04 20.01.2021 European Commission wants to get 70 percent of adults in EU vaccinated within next few months
22:55 19.01.2021 What is known for Crown Agents, through which Ukraine will purchase vaccine against Сovid-19?
21:47 19.01.2021 Banks survive, fast credit market drowning: How Ukrainians take loans during pandemic
Joe Biden defends his son at Democratic debate
"My son did nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong," Biden said during the debate hosted by CNN and The New York Times. "I carried out the policy of the United States government in rooting out corruption in - in Ukraine. And that's what we should be focusing on."
Biden pointed to an interview that his son gave to ABC, saying Hunter Biden's response "speaks for itself".
"My son's statement speaks for itself. What I think is important is we focus on why it's so important to remove this man (Trump) from office," the former vice president stated.
As we reported earlier, Hunter Biden excluded any violations during doing business in Ukraine and China. According to Hunter, he admits that he made a mistake when he had given rise to “unethical” people to harm his father.
Besides, Hunter Biden noted that he did not consider the consequences of doing business abroad for the political career of the father.
Biden to fulfill “roughly a dozen” promises on inauguration day 17 January 2021, 14:23
U.S. invites Russia’s representative to Biden's inauguration 12 January 2021, 08:45
Joe Biden and the Challenge of Ukraine 14 January 2021, 15:12
Biden's "presidential" Twitter account created 17 January 2021, 09:21
- POLITICS08:04European Commission wants to get 70 percent of adults in EU vaccinated within next few months
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:56Day in Donbas: One attack over day, no casualties among Ukrainian troops
- UKRAINE TOP 23:30Epiphany dip in Kyiv, - photo
- SOCIETY22:12European bodies faced pressure for approval of Pfizer vaccine, - Le Monde
- POLITICS21:28U.S. imposes sanctions against Russian vessel laying Nord Stream 2 pipeline
- POLITICS20:45Merkel, top statesmen discuss new steps to combat Covid-19
- UKRAINE TOP 20:02Sheremet case: Ukrainian police questioning Belarusian ex-law enforcer
- POLITICS19:27Pandemic and security challenges alter Biden's inauguration procedure
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:43Ukraine offers Trilateral Contact Group to work on joint action plan for Donbas
- SOCIETY18:00Efficacy of Russia's second vaccine from coronavirus made 100 percent, - federal agency
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
14 January 2021, 17:52 Kharkiv townspeople went out for a snowball fight in the park