Former Vice President Joe Biden was defending his son during Tuesday's Democratic presidential debate, saying voters should focus on President Donald Trump's "corruption" instead of Hunter Biden's previous work in Ukraine, CNN reports.
23:31 04.08.2021 Prosecutor’s Office should consider mental, emotional state of man who seized government building
23:00 04.08.2021 Court cancels decision on stop of illegality of the appointment of Yuri Vitrenko as Naftogaz Head
Joe Biden defends his son at Democratic debate
"My son did nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong," Biden said during the debate hosted by CNN and The New York Times. "I carried out the policy of the United States government in rooting out corruption in - in Ukraine. And that's what we should be focusing on."
Biden pointed to an interview that his son gave to ABC, saying Hunter Biden's response "speaks for itself".
"My son's statement speaks for itself. What I think is important is we focus on why it's so important to remove this man (Trump) from office," the former vice president stated.
As we reported earlier, Hunter Biden excluded any violations during doing business in Ukraine and China. According to Hunter, he admits that he made a mistake when he had given rise to “unethical” people to harm his father.
Besides, Hunter Biden noted that he did not consider the consequences of doing business abroad for the political career of the father.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:56Donbas Conflict: Five violations of ceasefire reported
- UKRAINE TOP 23:31Prosecutor’s Office should consider mental, emotional state of man who seized government building
- UKRAINE TOP 23:00Court cancels decision on stop of illegality of the appointment of Yuri Vitrenko as Naftogaz Head
- SOCIETY22:05WHO urges to introduce moratorium on third dose of anti-Covid vaccine
- POLITICS21:36Zelensky orders to provide protection to Belarusians in Ukraine
- SPORT21:08Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Medal count
- UKRAINE TOP 20:25Security Service comments on ban for Ukraine’s entrance for Rodion Batulin
- UKRAINE TOP 19:59Sheremet’s case: Kuzmenko released on night house arrest
- UKRAINE TOP 19:27Court declines appeal of Chaus’s defense on judge rejection
- UKRAINE TOP 18:37Ukraine's government passes energy security strategy by 2025: What it provides
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
3 August 2021, 17:16 Kyiv considers electronic travel passes preparing for a possible lockdown
14 July 2021, 14:27 Population recovery: Wild animals and birds bred in Volyn and released