12:13 18.01.2021 Health Minister calls on Ukrainians to continue adhering to quarantine restrictions
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
Britain’s foreign-policy debate is back 14 January 2021, 21:11
Europe rushes to boost vaccine output to speed pandemic exit 28 December 2021, 20:15
Europe is botching the vaccine rollout 6 January 2021, 15:29
EU-UK deal on trade, cooperation to take effect on January 1, - official 30 December 2021, 08:47
- FINANCE11:40Ukrainian govt cuts gas price for population down to USD 0.25 per cubic meter
- SOCIETY11:34Ukrainian rapper Alyona Alyona wins Music Moves Europe Talent Awards
- UKRAINE TOP 10:56Coronavirus in Ukraine dashboard: online
- SOCIETY10:13Covid-19 in Ukraine: 3,034 new cases over 24 hours
- UKRAINE TOP 09:28Coronavirus mapping dashboard: world online
- SOCIETY08:45Arvin dry cargo ship disaster: Storm hit vessel, - crew member
- POLITICS08:03Ukraine could bring up Russia's membership in PACE over Navalny's detention
- POLITICS22:15Latvia demands from Russian authorities to release Navalny, threatens with sanctions
- POLITICS21:30Navalny detained after landing in Moscow
- POLITICS20:40German ex-Chancellor Schroeder recognizes illegal nature of annexation of Crimea
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
14 January 2021, 17:52 Kharkiv townspeople went out for a snowball fight in the park