18:58 19.10.2017 Crimean Prosecutor’s Office opens criminal proceeding due to illegal detention of Crimean Tatars
17:39 19.10.2017 European countries will not recognize Catalonia’s independence, - European Parliament head
16:04 19.10.2017 Ukraine intends to cooperate with Hungary in implementation of education law, - Klimkin
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
MEPs call to expand anti-Russian sanctions for repressions in Crimea 4 October, 18:59
EU demands from Ukraine to create detached Anti-corruption court 10 October, 12:13
- SOCIETY18:58Crimean Prosecutor’s Office opens criminal proceeding due to illegal detention of Crimean Tatars
- POLITICS18:33Bellingcat publishes research on Baltic States
- UKRAINE TOP 18:02Verkhovna Rada promotes reform of rural medicine
- POLITICS17:39European countries will not recognize Catalonia’s independence, - European Parliament head
- SOCIETY17:12Corrupt MP under investigation detained at the airport
- POLITICS16:58Ukrainian military present Sauron, new drone detection and surveillance system
- UKRAINE TOP 16:35Around 300,000 Ukrainians went to EU countries visa-free
- POLITICS16:06EU sanctions on Yanukovych family considered legal, - EU General Court
- POLITICS16:04Ukraine intends to cooperate with Hungary in implementation of education law, - Klimkin
- UKRAINE TOP 15:41Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine starts procedure of cancelation of MPs immunity
17:48, 19 October EU summit kicks off in Brussels
17:22, 19 October Lexus driver runs over crowd in Kharkiv, kills five people