14:26 04.08.2021 French Senator sent inquiry about case against Medvedchuk and closure of 112 Ukraine, NewsOne and ZiK TV channels
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
Ukraine initiates consultations with EU, Germany on Nord Stream 2, - MFA 22 July 2021, 14:33
Lukashenko fires Belarusian permanent representative in EU 30 July 2021, 13:00
EU urges Iraq to help with illegal migration to Lithuania via Belarus 30 July 2021, 14:41
Ukrainian government decides on validity term of Covid certificates 14 July 2021, 18:48
- POLITICS14:26French Senator sent inquiry about case against Medvedchuk and closure of 112 Ukraine, NewsOne and ZiK TV channels
- SPORT14:25Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Ukrainian athlete suspended unfairly
- POLITICS13:43Belarusian athlete Tsimanouskaya left Japan, went to Vienna instead of Warsaw
- SOCIETY13:09Sweden plans to administer third dose of Covid vaccine
- SOCIETY12:38EU Commission arranges vaccine extra doses supply for possible revaccination
- UKRAINE TOP 12:18Man grew hemp worth over $44.600 in corn, - video
- POLITICS11:56Ukraine's top officials arrive in U.S. to prepare Zelensky's visit
- UKRAINE TOP 11:53Bomber detained in Ukraine's government building
- SPORT11:43Shakhtar Donetsk begins UEFA Champions League qualification with win over KRC Genk
- SPORT11:31Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Medal count
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
3 August 2021, 17:16 Kyiv considers electronic travel passes preparing for a possible lockdown
14 July 2021, 14:27 Population recovery: Wild animals and birds bred in Volyn and released