Saturday at the Olympics in Pyeongchang was remembered by another unconvincing performance of Ukrainian biathletes, and gave a chance to hope for the first medal for the Ukrainian team. However, in another sport - namely freestyle.
Ukraine still remains without medals. Other countries have receive them. Even Liechtenstein.
National team of Ukraine
- Let's start from good. And, probably, this can even be called the news of the day. Ukrainian freestyler Olexander Abramenko made his way to the finals in sports acrobatics. And he did not just make his way - he took fourth place in the final qualification. That allows us to hope to receive the first medal for Ukraine. The final competition in this discipline will be held tomorrow, February 18, and it will be held in 3 stages.
- Ukrainian biathletes once again failed. In the mass start the sisters Valentyna and Vita Semerenko failed to impose at least some kind of struggle against the leaders. As a result, Valentyna finished the race at the 19th place, Vita - at the 24th. The victory in the race was celebrated by the representative of Slovakia Anastasia Kuzmina, silver got Daria Domrachova (Belarus), bronze - Norwegian biathlete Tiril Eckhoff.
- In mountain skiing a set of medals among women in the supergiant was won. Victory unexpectedly (even for herself) celebrated the Czech Esther Ledetska. Silver got Anna Veith from Austria, bronze - Tina Weirather (Liechtenstein).
- In the ski races women's relay 4x5 km took place. The result: gold - goes to Norway, silver - to Sweden, bronze - to OAR.
- In curling, men and women played regular matches. Results (men):
South Korea - United Kingdom - 11: 5
Switzerland - Norway - 7: 5
Canada - Sweden - 2: 5
Japan - Italy - 6: 5
Switzerland - Sweden - 7: 8
OAR - USA - 6: 7
Japan - China - 6: 7
Denmark - United Kingdom - 6: 7
OCP - Japan - 5:10
China - Denmark - 10: 7
South Korea - United Kingdom - 7: 4
USA - Canada - 3:11
- In figure skating, medals were played among men according to the results of an arbitrary program. The result: gold got Japanese Yuzuro Hanju, silver - another Japanese Shoma Uno, bronze got Javier Hernandez from Spain. We recall, the Ukrainian Yaroslav Paniot could not qualify for this program, failing the performance in a short program.
- In freestyle, a set of awards among women in slopestyle was given to the athletes. The result: gold - Sara Hofflin from Switzerland, silver - Mathilde Gremaud (Switzerland), bronze - Isabel Atkin (Great Britain).
- In hockey, the next matches were played by both men and women. The results of the matches in the men's tournament: Canada - Czech Republic - 2: 3, South Korea - Switzerland - 0: 8, OAR - USA - 4: 0, Slovenia - Slovakia - 3: 2.
Women played as follows: OAP - Switzerland - 6: 2, Finland - Sweden - 7: 2.
- In the short track, medals were awarded to men in the 1000m race, as well as to women in the 1,500m race. The result: women's victory was celebrated by the representative of South Korea, Minyong Choi, silver got the Chinese athlete Jinju Li, bronze got Canadian Kim Boutin.