Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom (Netflix) designer Ann Roth won for Period Film, and Bina Daigeler scooped the Sci-Fi/Fantasy trophy for Mulan (Disney).
The list of winners is:
- Excellence in Contemporary Film - Nancy Steiner (Promising Young Woman)
- Excellence in Period Film - Ann Roth (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
- Excellence in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Film - Bina Daigeler (Mulan)
- Excellence in Contemporary Television - Debra Hanson (Schitt’s Creek: “Happy Ending”)
- Excellence in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television - Shay Cunliffe (Westworld: “Parce Domine”)
- Excellence in Period Television - Gabriele Binder (The Queen’s Gambit: “End Game”)
- Excellence in Variety, Reality-Competition, Live Television - Paul Tazewell (Hamilton)
- Excellence in Short Form Design - April Napier (Apple: Shot on iPhone by Damien Chazelle – Vertical Cinema “The Stunt Double” short film)
As it was reported earlier, the 72nd Berlinale Film Festival announced the winners.