The request to people to stay home is the measure, which will stop the speed of coronavirus spread and will reduce the pressure on the healthcare system. However, only isolation will not stop the Covid-2019 pandemic as the World Health Organization reported citing its Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
“The point of these actions (self-isolation, - 112.international) is to enable the more precise and targeted measures that are needed to stop transmission and save lives. We call on all countries who have introduced so-called “lockdown” measures to use this time to attack the virus. The question is, how will you use it?”, Ghebreyesus said.
The WHO recommends six key actions on the fight against coronavirus:
- Expand, train and deploy your health care and public health workforce;
- Implement a system to find every suspected case at community level;
- Ramp up the production, capacity and availability of testing;
- Identify, adapt and equip facilities you will use to treat and isolate patients;
- Develop a clear plan and process to quarantine contacts;
- Refocus the whole of government on suppressing and controlling Covid-19.
According to the WHO, these measures are the best way to suppress and stop transmission to prevent the revival of the virus after the lifting of restrictions.
As of March 26, over 470,000 cases of infection with the coronavirus Covid-19 were registered in the world. 21,276 people died from a coronavirus pandemic in the world. The number of recovered people is 114,000. Italy remains the leader in mortality from Covid-19, there are 7,503 deaths were registered there. On the second place is Spain, where the virus took the lives of 3,647 people. After Spain comes China with 3,169 deceased.