The Verkhovna Rada adopted Resolution № 4042 on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of children with diabetes. 326 lawmakers cast an affirmative vote.
You can watch the online broadcast HERE.
The draft resolution proposes to encharge with a task the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to immediately consider the following issues:
- creating and ensuring the proper functioning of the system of prevention and diagnosis of children with diabetes;
- inclusion of diabetes screening in the annual medical examinations among children;
- assurance of state and communal property health care institutions, which carry out annual medical examinations among children with special technical equipment for blood recovery and measuring blood glucose levels at the expense of the state budget;
- assurance the implementation of international standards (protocols) of medical care to children with diabetes;
- improving the procedure for providing patients with medicines and medical devices in terms of providing children with diabetes with devices for continuous sugar control and consumables from the state budget;
- providing the financing measures necessary for the implementation of this Resolution at the expense of the medical subvention for the relevant budget period.
As it was reported earlier, 1,648 cases of tuberculosis were registered in Ukraine. 12.5 thousand people were being treated for tuberculosis as of March 2021.