'The order 'On the establishment of the immigration quota for 2018' the limit number of the foreigners and persons without a citizenship who can be provided with the permission for the immigration during 2018 is 4, 388 people. Last year quota was 2, 223 people', the message said.
The immigration quota is formed due to such categories:
- scientific and cultural figures, immigration of whom is in the interest of Ukraine;
- highly qualified specialists and workers, the urgent need in whom is tangible for Ukraine's economy;
- persons, who made a foreign investment in Ukraine's economy by foreign converted currency in the sum of the not less than $100, 000 registered in the order defined by Ukraine's government;
- persons, who are a full brother, sister, grandmother, grandfather, grandson or granddaughter of the citizen of Ukraine;
- persons, who earlier had the citizenship of Ukraine; parents, husband (wife) of the immigrant and the underage children;
- persons, who continually lived in Ukraine during three years since the establishment of their status of the victim of the human trafficking.
This order was worked out by the State Migration Service.
As we reported the National Bank of Ukraine has pointed out a risk of increasing migration processes in coming years, including labor migration from Ukraine.