Now vaccination will be required in the "yellow" quarantine zone, and the validity of the certificate for one dose of vaccination is 30 days. The Cabinet made the corresponding changes on November 24 to Resolution No. 1236.
What will change in the "yellow" zone
First of all, the new rules will affect the regions that are at the "yellow" level of epidemic danger. So, in the "yellow" zone, the following are prohibited:
- educational institutions in which less than 100% of employees are vaccinated with at least one dose;
- holding mass events, with the exception of certification of applicants for education;
- the work of cinemas, theaters, and other cultural institutions;
- the work of catering establishments, except for take-away and delivery orders;
- work of gyms, swimming pools;
- activities of accommodation establishments, except for hotels, sanatoriums, and social establishments;
- interregional and international transportation.
The restrictions will not apply if all employees and visitors have one of the following documents:
- "yellow" covid-certificate for one vaccine or certificate 063-О;
- green covid certificate;
- international certificate of vaccination;
- foreign covid certificate of vaccination with vaccines approved by WHO (list);
- the negative result of PCR or rapid test;
- a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 (valid for 105 days from the date of diagnosis).
Thus, in order to work or visit institutions in the "yellow" zone, it is enough to get at least one vaccination.
But even in the presence of a covid certificate in the "yellow" zone, it is forbidden to be on the street without identification documents, to leave self-isolation places, to transport passengers in more than sitting places + 50% for standing. The work of schools is prohibited if more than 50% of students and employees are in self-isolation.
One dose certificate is valid for a month
The validity period of the "yellow" certificate (or paper certificate 063-O) on the receipt of one dose of the coronavirus vaccine was reduced to 30 days, although previously the document was valid for 120 days. To visit cafes and restaurants or work there, a month after receiving the first dose, you will need to do the second.
The shortest possible intervals between vaccines doses: Comirnaty / Pfizer-BioNTech - 21 days, Moderna - 28 days, CoronaVac / Sinovac Biotech - 14 days, Oxford / AstraZeneca - 28 days.
What will change in the "green" zone
A ban was added on regular and irregular passenger transportation in urban and intraregional public transport in an amount greater than the total number of seats and 50% of standing places.
In addition, the following regulations apply to all areas:
- the work of educational institutions is prohibited if more than 50% of students and employees are in self-isolation;
- being on the streets without documents;
- a ban on leaving the place of self-isolation.
Self-isolation upon arrival in Ukraine
Persons who have arrived from Russia and have been on its territory for more than 7 days during the last two weeks are subject to self-isolation. Self-isolation should last 14 days.
The period of self-isolation starts from the moment of crossing the state border and cannot be terminated even if there is a negative test result for Covid-19.
Plus, amendments to the decree are being developed, obliging to serve self-isolation for those returning from countries where the Omicron strain was found.
Why did Ukraine increase lockdown restrictions?
Health Minister Viktor Lyashko explained that tougher rules for unvaccinated citizens are needed to reduce the burden on doctors and the medical system. The minister added that most of the patients who have not received the full course of vaccination are admitted to hospitals.
Lyashko stressed that the lockdown for the unvaccinated is already in effect in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Austria.
Note that in Ukraine, more than 11 million citizens have already received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.