The Ukrainian government offers Canada support and condolences due to the tragedy that took place in Quebec City. Pavlo Klimkin, Ukraine’s foreign minister tweeted this on January 30.
Strongly condemn deadly attack in #QuebecCity. My thoughts are with the victims as we stand by the people of Canada against terrorism.— Pavlo Klimkin (@PavloKlimkin) 30 января 2017 г.
Six people were killed and eight were wounded when gunmen opened fire at a Quebec mosque during Sunday night prayers. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called it a "terrorist attack on Muslims".
Police said two suspects had been arrested, but gave no details about them or what prompted the attack.
"Six people are confirmed dead - they range in age from 35 to about 70," Quebec provincial police spokeswoman Christine Coulombe told reporters, adding eight people were wounded and 39 were unharmed.