“The 34-year-old operator of one of the manufactories got poisoned while working by emissions of benzene and ammonia. She lost consciousness,” the report said.
It is noted that the shift supervisor saw his colleague on the floor and, trying to get her out of the place of concentration of poisonous substances, he himself was poisoned by ammonia and benzene.
The workers are now in serious condition in the intensive care unit of the Avdiivka central hospital.
This incident according to Part 2, Article 272 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine is qualified as a violation of safety rules during work with high risk which entailed serious consequences.
The investigation is ongoing.
Earlier, it was reported that Avdiivka coke plant could have shut down due to lack of raw material.