Feedback
Terror attack in Brussels: No victims except for bomber
12:36, 21 June 2017
Terror attack in Brussels: No victims except for bomber

The attacker blew up two cases at the central railway station before being killed by the army patrol

12:36, 21 June 2017

Belgian Army soldier after terror attack in Brussels, June 2017
ABC News

The Belgian government looks into the attack that took place last night in Brussels. Charles Michel, the Belgian Prime Minister, conveyed the urgent session of the national Security Council, as he tweeted.

Previously, on June 20, the Belgian police reported that a man set explosives in two cases and triggered them at a central railway station in Brussels. The minor blasts hurt no one, whilst the attacker was shot dead by the military men guarding the perimeter.

According to ABC News, ‘Nicolas Van Herreweghen, who works for Belgium's national rail company, said the male suspect was very agitated, yelling about jihadists and then "Allahu akbar," Arabic for "God is great," before blowing up something on a baggage trolley’.

The law enforcers has provided no comments so far. The Brussels prosecutor’s office, on the other hand, said that the case is investigated as a terror attack.         

Related: ISIS calls for attacks in West, Russia, Middle East, Asia during Ramadan

Related: 12 people injured due to Molotov cocktail attack in Paris

Related: Afghan mosque attacked: three people killed, nine wounded

Related: Over 40 people arrested in Tehran on suspicion of involvement in recent attacks

Related: US Embassy call morning explosion ‘incident’, SBU – ‘terrorist attack’

Related: Another shooting in Iran: Khomeini mausoleum attacked

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more