“Today, on January 18, a regular court hearing took place in Rostov-on-Don. Pavlo made a statement regarding his poor health and asked to postpone the meeting, but the court rejected it, motivating it with a medical certificate from the remand centre,” the father wrote.
According to him, Pavlo also reported about the beatings during the arrest, about how the kidnappers choked him, how they scoffed and beat to receive the testimony. However, the court ignored this statement.
“The requirement of the European Court of Human Rights to conduct additional professional examinations and provide materials on this by January 2, 2019 has not been fulfilled,” said the father of the political prisoner.
He also said that the next court sessions will be held January 24-25. “Pavlo asks Ukrainian journalists to be present at the sessions,” the report stresses.
We infirmed that in December last year, the European Court of Human Rights called on Russia to provide information about the state of health of the Ukrainian political prisoner Pavlo Gryb.
He the son of the former Ukrainian border guard Igor Gryb. On August 25, 2017, 19-year-old Pavlo, who went to Gomel (Belarus) to meet with a friend, was detained by Russian special services. Later he was transferred to the Russian Federation. Russian security officials suspect Pavol Gryb of preparing for a terrorist attack at a Sochi school.
On July 23, 2018 it was reported that the case of Pavlo Gryb was returned to the prosecutors for revision. Pavlo himself said that he did not agree with the accusation against him, and stressed that during the investigation a number of "critical errors" had been made.