"According to the Hydrometeorological Center, on August 16-17, an extraordinary level of fire hazard will prevail in Ukraine," the message says.
Therefore, the State Emergency Service of Ukraine urges citizens not to provoke fires in open areas and to observe elementary safety rules while staying in natural ecosystems.
During the fire hazard period, it is prohibited:
- visit coniferous forests when a 5th class emergency fire hazard is declared;
- to make fires in the forest and forest plantations;
- drive a car into the forest;
- smoking, throwing uncoupled matches or butts in the forest and forest plantations;
- leave rags soaked in gasoline, kerosene, grease or other flammable substances in the forest;
- to hunt in the woods using firearms;
- create garbage cans and incinerate waste;
- burn stubble and post-harvest residues in agricultural fields.