The draft law proposes to grant military servicemen who have served at least 6 months the right to conclude a contract for military service for 1 year.
According to the draft law, servicemen, both urgent and those serving on conscription, can be exempted from service in connection with the loss of their breadwinner by their family (provided there are no other able-bodied members and members of the family with independent earnings).
The Rada also proposes to introduce a new approach to establishing the right to adapt military personnel after dismissal from military service, depending on the continuous length of service:
- up to 10 years - receiving advice and assistance in finding employment;
- from 10 to 25 years - professional retraining (up to 500 hours) without charging tuition fees and with all types of support;
- 25 years and more - the right to retraining, specialization, advanced training in professions and specialties for priority types of economic activity.
Military personnel, in addition to military service personnel, are invited to pay one-time cash assistance in the following amounts:
- 50 percent of the monthly cash security for each full calendar year of service:
- to persons who are leaving the military service due to health reasons, as well as to military servicemen who have been called up by officers who are leaving the military service due to health reasons, due to the expiration of the established term of military service, for family reasons or other valid reasons or in connection with the onset of a special period and unwillingness to continue military service by a female soldier with a child (children) under the age of 18;
- persons with a length of service of 10 calendar years or more who are exempted from military service on the following grounds:
- in connection with the expiration of the contract (including from the number of persons to whom the contract was extended before the end of the special period or before the announcement of demobilization);
- by age;
- in connection with staff reductions or organizational measures;
- in connection with the systematic failure to fulfill the terms of the contract by the command;
- due to the impossibility of appointing to another position in the case of direct subordination to a loved one;
- during the special period due to family circumstances or other good reasons (if the military did not express a desire to continue military service);
- who entered into a contract for a period until the end of the special period or before the announcement of demobilization and have served at least 24 months of military service under the contract, if they have not expressed a desire to continue military service during the special period;
- who perform military service under a contract whose validity has been extended beyond the established deadlines for a period until the end of the special period or until the announcement of demobilization, and who have served at least 18 months from the date of extension of the contract, if they have not expressed a desire to continue military service during the special period.
2) 25 percent of the monthly cash security for each full calendar year of service, if there is a length of service of 10 calendar years or more, to persons who leave the military service of their own free will and for family reasons or other valid reasons.
The one-time cash assistance specified in this clause is not paid to military personnel in the event of their dismissal from military service for official non-compliance; in connection with the criminal or administrative liability of a soldier and the imposition of a penalty in the form of deprivation of the right to occupy certain positions or engage in certain activities; in connection with the systematic failure to fulfill the terms of the contract by the military. And also in connection with the termination of citizenship of Ukraine or if a soldier has not passed the probationary period established for acceptance to military service under a contract.
As we reported before, Minister of Defense of Ukraine Andriy Zagorodniuk promised that new military bases according to NATO standards would be built in Ukrain