Red Cross will provide Ukraine with humanitarian assistance to overcome the effects of flooding in the western regions. Deputy Prime Minister for European Integration Olga Stefanyshyna stated this, the press service of the government reports.
"This assistance is additional to the one that the government of Ukraine earlier allocated by its decision from the reserve fund in the amount of more than USD 26 million," the statement reads.
The highest priority needs for the affected population:
- life support of evacuated and injured (arrangement of places of temporary residence, food, provision of clothing, food, basic necessities, etc.);
- restoration of sustainable operation of public utilities, which are necessary to maintain a safe life, in particular, water supply and sewage structures and networks, electricity, and gas supply systems;
- providing means of sanitary and epidemiological control to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases;
- the provision of social assistance, including financial;
- restoration of destroyed buildings and structures, as well as the critical infrastructure of affected regions.
As we reported before, in Western regions of Ukraine, 12 settlements and 114 houses are still inundated due to the bad weather