Kyiv region will tighten quarantine restrictions from March 21 in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus. This was stated at a briefing by the head of the Kyiv Regional State Administration Vasyl Volodin.
"An extraordinary meeting of the regional commission for emergency situations was convened today and a decision was made to tighten quarantine restrictions in the region," Volodin said.
The next activities will be banned:
- work of cultural facilities;
- work of shopping malls;
- holding of religious divine services;
- holding of mass events.
- food establishments will work only for take out;
- kindergartens will work; while schools will return to distant learning after the holidays;
- all enterprises and organization of public sphere switch to distant work;
- public transport will work as usual. With the observation of strict norms of passengers’ transfer and mask regime. 50% of places should be occupied.
Meanwhile, in Kyiv, from March 20 until April 9, strict quarantine restrictions will be introduced as Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko reported during the briefing.
“To stop the rapid spread of the disease, the commission on the emergency of Kyiv, made the next decision: from 00:00 March 20, in other words, in the night of Friday, Kyiv introduces strict quarantine restrictions because we need to save health and lives of people,” Klitschko reported.