Clarence House confirmed that the 71-year-old royal had been diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease in a statement released this morning.
The heir to the throne is said to have displayed "mild symptoms" on Sunday and was then tested on Monday, with the results coming through late on March 24.
Charles "otherwise remains in good health" and has been self-isolating in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall - who has tested negative for coronavirus.
"The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus," the message said.
"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.
Earlier it was reported that Angela Merkel would be in isolation after visiting coronavirus-infected doctor.
As we reported, a sudden loss of smell — known as anosmia or hyposmia — could be a symptom of the coronavirus, even if patients experience no other symptoms, according to leading rhinologists in the UK.