"There are issues regarding the international equilibrium that I cannot judge right now. But everything that can be done to stop arms production, to stop wars, to encourage negotiation, with the help of mediators, must always be done, and it produces results. For example, the case of Ukraine and Russia wasn’t about weapons, but about negotiating a prisoner exchange, and this was positive. In Donbass, they are thinking about planning a different governmental regime. Discussions are underway. This is a positive step", the Pope said.
15:44 29.07.2021 Ukrainians to get third dose of Pfizer vaccine if WHO provides recommendations, - official
Pope Francis urges to pray for peace in eastern Ukraine on the eve of Normandy format meeting
Pope Francis said that he accompanies the Normandy format meeting with persistent prayer and urged everyone to pray for the positive results of the meeting in Paris. It is reported by Vatican News.
On Sunday, December 8, the pilgrims gathered at St. Peter's Square in the Vatican for the “Angel of the Lord” prayer. Pope Francis devoted a few words to the meeting of the Normandy Four leaders scheduled for Monday.
“Tomorrow in Paris there will be a meeting of the presidents of Ukraine, Russia and France and the German Federal Chancellor, known as Normandy format. Their goal is finding a solution to the painful conflict that has been going on for years in eastern Ukraine. I accompany the meeting with my prayer, persistent prayer, because this peace is needed, and I invite you to do the same so that this initiative of political dialogue leads to the fruits of peace in justice for these territories and their people," said the Pope.
Earlier Pope Francis I has approved the way the talks between Ukraine and the Russian Federation were going. The Pontiff said so when speaking with reporters during the press conference in Japan.
Pink puddles of chemicals near Rivne: Police opens criminal proceedings 24 July 2021, 18:10
Lithuanian Foreign Minister offers Russia conditions for Nord Stream 2 launch 23 July 2021, 08:48
U.S. allocates $ 750 million to Ukraine per year, - Kent 25 July 2021, 22:05
- SOCIETY18:43Israel to vaccinate people over 60 with third dose of vaccine
- SOCIETY17:58Ukrainian law enforcers block smuggling channel of ecstasy, cocaine
- POLITICS17:33Armenia, Azerbaijan report new clashes on border
- UKRAINE TOP 16:51Ukraine's SBI sends 365 cases on corruption to court in 2021
- SPORT16:28Zelensky strips three Ukrainian athletes off state grants for doping abuse
- UKRAINE TOP 16:00Zelensky to pay official visit to Donbas tomorrow
- SOCIETY15:44Ukrainians to get third dose of Pfizer vaccine if WHO provides recommendations, - official
- SOCIETY15:37143,000 Ukrainians vaccinated against COVID-19 on July 28
- SOCIETY15:05AstraZeneca second dose has no extra risk of blood clots, - study
- SOCIETY14:5324 new Covid-19 cases registered at Tokyo Olympic Games
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
14 July 2021, 14:27 Population recovery: Wild animals and birds bred in Volyn and released
14 July 2021, 14:19 NASA Mission uncovers hidden meltwater lakes under Antarctica's ice