Protest takes place near the building of Ukraine’s parliament, the 112 Ukraine TV channel journalist reports that.
"Many cars are stuck in a traffic jam in the capital’s government quarter, the owners of the cars with foreign plates are having a protest near the Verkhovna Rada. They shout out “For an affordable customs clearance for every Ukrainian”. The drivers started gathering from the night, they say the protests will take place on Instytutska, Hrushevskogo and Lyuteranska streets,” the journalist says.
The organizers of the rally published their demands on the Facebook page of the event:
- Affordable customs clearance for every Ukrainian citizen;
- Cancellation of false EURO 5 limitations;
- Cancellation on reselling of the cars imported;
- A single-window system and simplification of clearance porcedures;
- Introduction of the effective mechanism of customs clearance for the vehicles already imported;
- Abatement of persecution of euro-cars until the affordable customs clearance implementation.
The journalist also noted that 3700 participants are expected today.