The number of hospitalized Covid-19 patients in Wuhan, which was previously considered the epicenter of the spread of the virus, has decreased to zero. Another 12 people are being treated in self-isolation. This was reported by Xinhuanet.
On April 26, Mi Feng, the representative of the National Health Commission of China said that the last 11 patients who had recovered from coronavirus infection were discharged from hospitals in Wuhan.
"The result was achieved thanks to the hard work of doctors in Wuhan and those who were sent to help Wuhan fight the virus from all over the country," he said.
It is noted that another 12 people are being treated at home in Wuhan; there is not a single person in serious condition among them.
Earlier the city of Wuhan in central China revised its numbers of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) confirmed cases and deaths, reported Xinhua.
The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Wuhan as of the end of April 16 was revised up by 325 to 50,333, and the number of fatalities up by 1,290 to 3,869.
In a notification, the Wuhan municipal headquarters for the COVID-19 epidemic prevention and control said the revisions were made in accordance with related laws and regulations as well as the principle of being responsible for history, the people and the deceased.
This ensures that the information on the city's COVID-19 epidemic is open and transparent, and the data is accurate, reads the notification.