It is known that the total number of accidents on Ukrainian roads is 150,120, and the number decreased by 12,406 comparing to 2017. The number of accidents with injuries decreased by 2,926, the total number is 24,294.
On average, nine people die on the Ukrainian roads every day.
In order to ensure safety and reduce the number of accidents and the violation of traffic safety regulations, the patrol police performed the following actions:
- Increased the number of crews and the patrol area of the road patrol police; 200 units patrol international and national routes every day
- TruCam speed fixation device was launched, 25 thousand cases of violation have been recorded over 2,5 months
- Over 11 thousand requirements (prescriptions) for the elimination of deficiencies were issued
- 2,815 administrative protocols and 8 037 resolutions were issued on deficiencies in the field of road traffic regulations, in particular regarding the inadequate maintenance of roads
- A draft of a new resolution on the registration of accidents has been prepared and agreed, which is currently under consideration of the Ministry of Justice and will be sent to the Cabinet of Ministers soon.