"An obvious spike of bubonic plague in China is "well managed" and not considered one of high risk", reads the message.
In early July, cases of bubonic plague were observed in Western Mongolia; two people were hospitalized after having eaten raw meat of a groundhog. A local quarantine was imposed in two districts of the same province.
A couple of days after that, the disease was observed in China, in the autonomous region of Inner Mongolia. A shepherd turned for medical aid; another 15-year-old boy was hospitalized after contacting a dog who caught a groundhog. The local authorities imposed the 3-rd degree security mode, which puts a ban on hunting activity and eating the meat of animals that could be transmitters of plague.