In Uzhgorod today was unveiled a monument to victims of the Holocaust, writes "UNN". The memorial sign is located near the building of the Transcarpathian Regional Philharmony, which until 1947 was a synagogue. Construction of the monument took place with the support of the Government of Hungary.
Participation in this event on the occasion of the official opening of the monument took Hungarian diplomats and members of the government, leaders of the Jewish community of Uzhgorod, Kyiv and representatives of Jewish communities from other regions of Ukraine and from abroad, MPs, heads of the Transcarpathian region and the city of Uzhgorod, Uzhgorod citizens and guests. As noted in his speech Uzhgorod Mayor Bogdan Andriiv, a memorial sign, opened today, is to become a symbol of love and reconciliation in a multicultural Uzhgorod.
The composition consists of a metal column, installed in the center of circle with a diameter of 7.5 meters with the image of a Star of David. Around 6 columns were planted willows.