Kenosha, Wisconsin, became a new arena of nationwide protests in the U.S., as citizens stand against police brutality applied against African Americans. CNN reported that on August 25.
20:30 30.10.2020 Health Ministry introduces temporary contracts to involve medics in fight against Covid-19
Massive protest unfurls in Wisconsin as police shot unarmed African American man
"Protesters disobeyed an 8 p.m. (9 p.m. ET) Monday curfew, facing off with law enforcement outside the Kenosha County Courthouse, some tossing water bottles and setting off fireworks, according to CNN affiliate WISN. Two city trucks were among the vehicles burned. Law enforcement responded with flashbangs, tear gas and rubber bullets, the station reported", reads the story.
Jacob Blake was wounded in the back by police officers who opened fire from a close range as he was getting in his car. According to Blake family attorney Ben Crump, "his 3-, 5- and 8-year-old sons were inside the vehicle" at the time.
"If we don't have the systematic reform that this moment in America is crying out for, then we are going to continue to see hashtag after hashtag, protest after protest, and cities burning all across America," Crump said. He clearly addressed a recent incident that took place in Lafayette, Louisiana, where the police killed an African American man outside a local convenience store.
Putin suggests extending New START arms control treaty with U.S. 16 October 2020, 19:05
Putin warns of China's, Germany's strive for superpower status 23 October 2020, 14:40
Russia hopes to get deal on nuclear arms treaty with U.S. done 21 October 2020, 18:03
- SOCIETY23:57Ukraine considers possibility of introducing new Covid-19 diagnostic method
- UKRAINE TOP 23:30Coronavirus mapping dashboard: world online
- SOCIETY23:00Health Ministry does not plan to issue immunity passports in Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 22:33HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: OCTOBER 26 – 31
- POLITICS21:36Aggravation in Donbas: Trilateral Contact Group agrees to observe ceasefire regime
- SOCIETY21:00Scientists warn of new Covid-19 variant spreading across Europe
- UKRAINE TOP 20:30 Health Ministry introduces temporary contracts to involve medics in fight against Covid-19
- FINANCE19:40Lockdown consequences for Ukrainian business
- POLITICS19:19One of Constitutional Court judges announces his retirement
- UKRAINE TOP 19:15NAPC names officials who will avoid responsibility for declaring inaccurate information
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny