The Ministry of Health of Ukraine gave recommendations on how to safely celebrate the New Year and Christmas amid the coronavirus pandemic. The best way to celebrate is in a narrow family circle, according to the press service of the Center for Public Health.
"The best way to spend the winter holidays is to stay at home with a close family circle. If you do decide to host a party or visit, follow these simple tips to reduce the risks of spreading the virus," the message says.
So, in case of poor health, citizens are encouraged to stay at home. But, if they decide to go to a New Year's party, they should adhere to the following rules:
- If you invite guests to your home, think over all security measures and inform the guests in advance;
- Limit the number of guests to create opportunities for physical distance. Avoid direct contact with others, in particular handshakes and hugs;
- Celebrate outdoors whenever possible. If the celebration will be indoors, air it regularly;
- Encourage guests to wear masks other than eating and drinking;
- It is necessary to wash your hands often, as well as use an antiseptic;
- Encourage guests not to sing or shout, especially indoors. Decrease the volume of the background music so people do not have to shout or speak loudly to be heard;
- Wear a mask when you cook. Limit crowded places where food is being prepared, such as the kitchen or the grill. It is better to serve food to a limited number of people, they must be wearing a mask;
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and any shared items between uses.