The identities of those behind the MH17 tragedy will be revealed in 2018 – at the latest. Malaysian Minister of Transport Liow Tiong Lai said this as quoted by Malaysian news agency The Star.
According to the official, the investigation reports that there are now a hundred of those who could be behind the disaster that took place in the war-torn Donetsk region in July 2014.
‘The investigation will have to contact every one of these people to find out all the details; when we figure out who shot down the aircraft, we’ll do everything within our power for the responsible to stand before trial in the Netherlands,’ the minister said.
Previously, Bellingcat experts came to conclusion that part of the MH17 tragedy lies with the highest ranks of the Russian military. The list features the names of Russian president and Superior Commander of the Russian Armed Forces Vladimir Putin and Russia’s Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.
On July 17, 2014, the Boeing 777 of Malaysian Airlines that was on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was downed from Russia-made missile launcher ‘Buk’. The incident took place not far Pervomaiske village, Donetsk region. The missile hit the aircraft, killing all 298 people aboard. The international investigation committee, led by the Dutch experts, is sorting out all circumstances of the disaster.
Source: The Star