The train #5/6 “Kyiv-Moscow” became the most profitable train, which traveled abroad in 2018 as Ukrainian News reported citing “Ukrzaliznytsia”.
Thus, the trains, which aim the direction of the Russian Federation, remain to be profitable, despite the fact that there are no discounts for tickets, while they present for the tickets for trains, which aim to Europe.
The list of the most profitable trains of the international traffic:
- #5/6 “Kyiv-Moscow” - occupancy rate 72%, profit made $4,4 million;
- #23/24 “Odesa-Moscow” - occupancy rate 85%, profit made $2 million;
- #73/74 “Kovel-Moscow” - occupancy rate 80%, profit made $1,1 million;
- #61/62 “Mykolaiv-Moscow” - occupancy rate 80%, profit made $613,159;
- #53/54 “Kyiv-St. Petersburg” - occupancy rate 61%, profit made $528,712.
A trip on “Kyiv-Moscow” train lasts over 13 hours.
Earlier Ukraine’s Infrastructure Minister reported that “Ukrzaliznytsia” will reduce the number of trains to Moscow and other Russian cities twice.
Also, Omelyan claimed he signed a "historical document" concerning the restriction of the traffic with Russia. Transport Ministry of Russia has worked out the parcel of the responsive measure in the case Ukraine cancels the railway and bus traffic with Russia.