The Health Ministry of Ukraine included Kyiv in the yellow zone due to the growth of the number of people infected with the coronavirus. Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko revealed which quarantine measures would be enhanced in the capital as 112 Ukraine TV channel reported.
“Due to the growth in the number of people infected with coronavirus – according to the decision of the State Commission on Emergency – Kyiv is put on the yellow zone of the epidemical danger. Because the bed capacity in the medical facilities for treatment of coronavirus has exceeded 50%. As for today, it makes 52.2%,” Klitschko reported.
Such quarantine restrictions and prohibitions to be enhanced in the capital:
- stay in public places, public transport without individual protection means – masks;
- stay in the streets without documents for identification;
- ban for leaving the places of self-isolation or observation without authorization for people who stay in isolation;
- holding of mass (cultural, sports, entertainment, religious, advertising) events with the participation of more than one person per five square meters of the building or territory, if the event is held outdoor;
- the organizer of the event is responsible for observation of the physical distance for at least 1.5 meters by the partakers if they stand;
- the occupancy rate of cinema and halls of cultural facilities cannot be over 50% places;
- public transport – trams, trolleybuses, buses and shuttle buses - holds carriage of passengers only according to the number of seats.
The quarantine measures start to act from Monday, August 17.
As of August 14, 1,732 new cases of coronavirus infection observed in Ukraine. Totally, 87,872 got infected with Covid-19 since the beginning of pandemic; 46,797 patients recovered, while 2,011 died from the complications. 39,064 people are still infected.