Today, September 14, Kyiv moves from "yellow" to an "orange" epidemic zone. What does it mean for the Ukrainian capital?
Bans and restrictions
Here is the list of prohibitions and restrictions of the “orange” zone:
- holding mass events (cultural, entertainment, sports, social, religious, advertising, etc.) with the participation of more than 100 people and more than one person per 20 sq. m of the area of the building or territory (if the event is held outdoors) where the event is held;
- activities of establishments providing accommodation services (like hostels), except for hotels;
- nightclubs should be closed from 00 am to 7 am, as well as business entities for the provision of catering services with or without leisure (restaurants, cafes, bars, snack bars, canteens, cafeterias, buffets, etc.), except for activities for the provision of catering services using targeted delivery of orders and take-out orders;
- visits to educational institutions by education seekers in groups of more than 20 people, except for preschool and general secondary education;
- carrying out planned hospitalization measures by health care institutions, except for:
- provision of medical care due to the complicated course of pregnancy and childbirth;
- rendering medical assistance to pregnant women, women in labor, women in childbirth, newborns;
- provision of medical care in specialized departments of healthcare institutions to patients with cancer;
- provision of palliative care in stationary conditions;
- carrying out other urgent and urgent hospitalization measures.
- the activity of gyms, fitness centers;
- admission of children to children's health improvement and recreation establishments.
What is the Orange Severity Level?
In accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated July 22, 2020 No. 641 "On the establishment of quarantine and the introduction of enhanced anti-epidemic measures in the territory with a significant spread of acute respiratory disease Covid-19 caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus," the level of epidemic danger is determined by the results assessments of epidemic indicators and is approved by its decision by the State Commission on Technogenic and Environmental Safety and Emergencies once every seven days.
Thus, the occupancy of beds in health care facilities ranges from 50% to 75% at the "orange" level of epidemic danger.
The average number of tests by a polymerase chain reaction and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay is less than 24 tests per 100,000 population.
Vinnytsia, Uzhhorod, Lviv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Khmelnytsky, have become an "orange" zone too.