The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has approved the procedure for verifying the compliance of the buyer or owner of agricultural land with the requirements of the law. The relevant decision was made during a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers.
"Today, at the request of the Ministry of Justice, the government approved a clear procedure for checking the buyer of land," Prime Minister Denys Shmygal said.
Notaries will carry out the inspection.
According to the adopted document, such an inspection will include:
- identification of the buyer of the agricultural land plot;
- establishment of the ultimate beneficial owner of the legal entity;
- verification of the application of special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions);
- verification of the buyer's inclusion in the list of citizens involved in terrorist activities;
- determination of the total area of agricultural land owned by the buyer.
Based on the results of the inspection of the purchaser, the notary will draw up a report, which will indicate information on compliance / non-compliance with the requirements of the Land Code of Ukraine.
As a reminder, the land market should start its work in Ukraine on July 1.
On May 24, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky publicly signed law No. 2194, which provides for the transfer of state-owned land outside settlements to communal ownership of village, settlement, and city councils.
As we reported earlier, on April 28, the Verkhovna Rada adopted the Law of Ukraine No. 2194 “On Amending the Land Code of Ukraine and Other Legislative Acts to Improve the Management and Deregulation System in the Sphere of Land Relations”.