The Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) said they detained another so-called "Ukrainian saboteurs" who allegedly were planning sabotage on strategic sites of the occupied Crimea in Sevastopol on November 9. This is stated in a message on the website of the FSB.
The detainees are allegedly members of the "terrorist group of the Ukraine’s Defense Ministry Intelligence Service".
The FSB claimed that they were planning to blow up military infrastructure facilities and services for public needs of the peninsula.
The officers allegedly seized powerful explosive devices, weapons and ammunition, means of special communications and other "evidence of criminal activity", including maps of the objects for suspected sabotage.
At present, FSB considers the possible preventive measures for the detainees.
Operative-search measures and investigative actions are underway.
Recall that this is not the first arrest of the so called "Ukrainian saboteurs" in the occupied Crimea.
As we reported earlier, Yevhen Panov was detained in the case of preparation of acts of sabotage in the Crimea on August 15. The total number of detainees reached nine in this case. Moscow blames Ukrainian intelligence in arranging the attacks.
The District Court of Simferopol has arrested the second suspect in the allegedly preparing "terrorist acts" in occupied Crimea Andriy Zahtey on August 13.
Previously, Ukrainian citizen Yevhen Panov was beaten with a metal pipe in the first few days after the arrest. Panov told the lawyer that he had been kidnapped on August 7 by the FSB operatives. It is not specified where exactly he was kidnapped, in Crimea or in the continental Ukraine. When abducted he was hit in the forehead, the cut marked on photos and videos confirms it. In addition to the physical torture, said Panov, psychological one was applied to him too.