'People return home. The city has been evacuated; however, we spoke with some of the locals, some of them refused from evacuation, and others returned in the evening; they say it's safer now', the correspondent said.
Civilians return to Ichnia from several neighbouring settlements where they spent almost a day after the evacuation began in the morning; over 10,000 people were evacuated.
As we reported, Ukraine's State Security Service (SBU) considers three possibles lines of inquiry in the case of explosions in Ichnia, Chernihiv region, northern Ukraine. The law enforcement agency told this to President Petro Poroshenko during the official debriefing on October 9. 'The most likely possible cause is a sabotage act with the infiltration of a sabotage group onto the stocks premises; the second line is the breach of fire safety or ammunition storage regulations, and the third is a deliberate arson performed in order to conceal the lack of ammunition,' the message says as posted on the website of the Presidential Administration. The SBU previously considered only one line of inquiry, the act of sabotage. The investigation team did not rule out the possibility of a terrorist act.
As is known, a fire and consequent explosions occurred at the ammunition stock in the town of Ichnia, Chernihiv region, northern Ukraine. The press office of the Armed Forces reported that on Tuesday morning. The explosions began at about 3.30 a.m. All the relevant services and local authorities reacted immediately. Over 10,000 civilians were evacuated from the adjusted towns and villages. State Emergency Service crews arrived on the scene to cope with the consequences of the disaster.