During the day, 19,676 new cases of Covid-19 were recorded in Ukraine. In particular, 751 children and 552 health workers fell ill.
Also per day:
- hospitalized - 4 936 people.
- died - 419 people.
- tests carried out - 119 369.
18,569 people were vaccinated per day. As of April 8, 431,025 people were on the waiting list for vaccination.
Minister Stepanov, said that at the moment the most difficult situation with the coronavirus is observed in Kyiv.
In the list of regions with the highest number of infected: Khmelnytsky, Mykolaiv, and Odesa. A difficult situation is observed in the west – in Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakarpattia, and Chernivtsi regions.
When Pfizer arrives?
According to Stepanov, the first delivery of the Covid-19 vaccine to Pfizer as part of the international COVAX vaccine distribution initiative is expected on April 14.
The party will have 117,000 doses.
Will the lockdown in Kyiv be extended?
According to mayor Klitschko, the lockdown may be extended. Under certain conditions.
"We will proceed solely from the numbers that we receive. Today, almost 3 thousand patients, 48 people died. The numbers are very unoptimistic. We hope that they will decrease next week. If the numbers increase, then we can talk about the extension of the lockdown. And we are not we exclude that there will be tougher restrictions," he said last night.
What is there with the help of Kyiv entrepreneurs?
Klitschko said that the Kyiv City Council approved an expanded list of benefits and preferences for small and medium-sized businesses in the capital to help survive the lockdown.
The changes concern:
- reducing the size of equity participation from the current 50% to 1 hryvnia in the maintenance of the owners of catering establishments;
- increasing the amount of financial and credit support for small and medium-sized businesses, compensation of interest not only on loans but also on "credit lines" and expanding the list of entities entitled to such compensation;
- reduction of fees for the placement of outdoor advertising and advertising in public transport up to 50%.
More important news
- Italy has suspended vaccination with AstraZeneca for people under 60.
- According to scientists, a third of those who have recovered from Covid-19 subsequently receive a neurological or mental illness.
- 102 countries received vaccines against Covid-19 under the COVAX program.