As it is reported, a man appealed for the medical service too late and it was not possible to rescue him. He was taken to Kherson regional hospital in the evening, September 10 in extremely serious conditions. He died in an hour after hospitalization.
His wife, who is also in the serious condition, remains to be in intensive care.
The probable cause of the infection is home-made smoked fish.
The Health Ministry noted that it is the eighth lethal case of botulism in 2018 and urges to appeal to doctor if there is the slightest suspicion for infection.
According to ministry, 80 cases of botulism were spotted in Ukraine since the beginning of 2018. 93 people suffered and 8 of them died.
Earlier the Chief Department of the State Service for Food Safety and Consumer Protection in Kharkiv region reported that a member of one family was hospitalized with suspicion for botulism. The police have begun the investigation due to the death from botulism in Kharkiv.