On December 1, ‘Volia Kabel’ moved the ‘112 Ukraine’ TV-channel from the cheapest packages ‘Easy’ and ‘Basic’ to the ‘Optimal’ package, which costs twice as much, and thus deprived unprotected groups of the society of access to the TV-channel, which is the leader in Ukrainian news broadcasting.
‘112 Ukraine’ believes that the cable operator deliberately misleads its customers, notifying that the action had been agreed with the TV-channel.
Earlier, ‘Volia Kabel’ changed the frequency of broadcasting of ‘112 Ukraine’ TV-channel without notifying the broadcaster or subscribers of these actions.
‘112 Ukraine’ treats these steps as an attempt to restrict public access to the broadcaster, earlier initiated by the National Council, which is trying to deprive the TV channel of its licenses.
Earlier, Savik Shuster’s TV channel 3s.tv also complained about the authorities' pressure through the ‘Volia Kabel’ provider and the sudden change of TV-package from a cheap without any agreements.
‘112 Ukraine’ TV channel is always available on-line on 112.ua and TV platforms, which do not limit access of their audience to information and do not fight with the freedom of speech.
The largest cable operator in Ukraine ‘Volia Kabel’ threw ‘112 Ukraine’ out of the most accessible TV packages in Kyiv
Related: 112 Ukraine reaches Europe
Coronavirus in Ukraine dashboard: online 9 August 2020, 10:45
Zelensky promises Ukraine will not interfere in U.S. elections 9 August 2020, 15:54
Ukraine should reach transplantation independence until 2023 9 August 2020, 18:16
- POLITICS22:08Protesters clash with police near Belarusian embassy in Kyiv - media
- POLITICS21:21Lukashenko wins presidential elections in Belarus, - exit poll
- SOCIETY20:35SkyUp launches ticket sales to Europe for winter season
- SOCIETY19:48Britain to use army to contain migrants came across English Channel
- POLITICS19:02Pentagon explaines redeployment of American troops in Europe
- POLITICS18:16Ukraine should reach transplantation independence until 2023
- SOCIETY17:28Explosion in Beirut: Number of victims rises to 6 000
- UKRAINE TOP 16:39Coronavirus in Ukraine dashboard: online
- POLITICS15:54Zelensky promises Ukraine will not interfere in U.S. elections
- POLITICS15:07Lukashenko on his election victory: I would not be so unambiguous, I hope
POLITICS 7 October 2019, 22:43 Steinmeier Formula: Solution to Donbas conflict should be acceptable for Ukraine
POLITICS 10 October 2019, 21:47 Peace in Donbas: Benefits for Ukrainian after return of uncontrolled territories
UKRAINE TOP 11 October 2019, 09:32 Press marathon of President Zelensky: Main statements. Updated