On December 1, ‘Volia Kabel’ moved the ‘112 Ukraine’ TV-channel from the cheapest packages ‘Easy’ and ‘Basic’ to the ‘Optimal’ package, which costs twice as much, and thus deprived unprotected groups of the society of access to the TV-channel, which is the leader in Ukrainian news broadcasting.
‘112 Ukraine’ believes that the cable operator deliberately misleads its customers, notifying that the action had been agreed with the TV-channel.
Earlier, ‘Volia Kabel’ changed the frequency of broadcasting of ‘112 Ukraine’ TV-channel without notifying the broadcaster or subscribers of these actions.
‘112 Ukraine’ treats these steps as an attempt to restrict public access to the broadcaster, earlier initiated by the National Council, which is trying to deprive the TV channel of its licenses.
Earlier, Savik Shuster’s TV channel 3s.tv also complained about the authorities' pressure through the ‘Volia Kabel’ provider and the sudden change of TV-package from a cheap without any agreements.
‘112 Ukraine’ TV channel is always available on-line on 112.ua and TV platforms, which do not limit access of their audience to information and do not fight with the freedom of speech.
19:02 14.12.2017 Turchynov, Stoltenberg discuss counterstand to Russian aggression in the East of Ukraine
18:21 14.12.2017 Militant of Luhansk People's Republic sentenced to two years in penal colony in Belarus
16:28 14.12.2017 Ukrainian parliament can adopt law on anti-corruption court in February, - Justice Minister
The largest cable operator in Ukraine ‘Volia Kabel’ threw ‘112 Ukraine’ out of the most accessible TV packages in Kyiv
‘112 Ukraine’ considers such action an attempt to restrict public access to the broadcaster
Related: 112 Ukraine reaches Europe
NASA astronaut posts photo of Ukrainian capital from space 12 December, 23:13
Italian low-cost Ernest Airlines launch flights from Kyiv Zhuliany airport 11 December, 14:22
Donbas battalion ex-commander detained in Kyiv 26 November, 16:13
Vasyl Virastyuk's son knocked down by car at pedestrian crossing in Kyiv 3 December, 19:18
- POLITICS20:23Russia hides witnesses of Smolensk disaster, - Polish MFA
- SPORT19:46WADA gives International Federations information on Russian athletes’ doping tests
- POLITICS19:02Turchynov, Stoltenberg discuss counterstand to Russian aggression in the East of Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:21Militant of Luhansk People's Republic sentenced to two years in penal colony in Belarus
- SOCIETY17:39National Police got 30 cars from EU for rapid response teams
- POLITICS17:15Russia can place military equipment warehouses, weapons in Belarus
- FINANCE16:53National Bank of Ukraine expects arrival of IMF mission in January 2018
- UKRAINE TOP 16:28Ukrainian parliament can adopt law on anti-corruption court in February, - Justice Minister
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:05Not yet possible to identify two Ukrainians detained in Crimea
- SOCIETY15:41Russia bans running of Ukrainian film about medical workers
UKRAINE TOP 12:34, 31 October Shattering plan: Blockade of Poroshenko's confectionery business
POLITICS 08:00, 31 October Court puts Manafort, his business partner Gates under house arrest
18:23, 12 December Ukraine celebrates Ground Forces Day