"I guess our people relaxed too much. I understand they got tired of Covid, and it's understandable. But it's just wrong not to wear the mask. There should be changes in the legal frameworks in terms of fines. I believe it's a right thing to do - a person should be aware he/she could be fined for not wearing the mask - instead of this protocol procedure stuff, when the policeman makes a report, and then the court looks into it", Zelensky said.
7,517 new Covid-19 cases in Ukraine over 24 hours
In Ukraine, the general number of Covid-infected people exceeded 330,000. Over the last 24 hours, medics reported a new record number, 7,517. The National Security and Defense Council reported that on October 23.
The number of lethal cases observed since the beginning of pandemic made 6,164 people (+121 per 24 hours); 137,578 recovered, as repeated lab tests did not reveal the virus in their bodies. The number of active cases of Covid-19 in Ukraine makes 186,654.
Most of the cases are observed in Kharkiv region (693), Odesa region (571) and Kyiv (635).
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky supports increasing responsibility for breaching the rules of the quarantine in the country. Zelensky himself said so in an intervire with Ukrainian TV channels.
- SOCIETY14:18Biden “breaks royal protocol” at G7 Summit
- UKRAINE TOP 13:29Coronavirus mapping dashboard: world online
- SOCIETY12:40CovidUkraine: 857 new cases over last 24hrs
- POLITICS11:51Merkel, Biden discuss Nord Stream 2 at G7 summit
- SPORT11:00Finland beats Denmark after Eriksen's collapse
- UKRAINE TOP 10:09Coronavirus in Ukraine dashboard: online
- SPORT09:22Russia starts Euro 2020 with massive defeat against Belgium
- SOCIETY08:35G7 leaders discuss Chinese lab leak theory for Covid-19 origin
- SPORT22:00Denmark football player fainted at the field during Euro 2020
- FINANCE21:15Belarusians protest on border with Ukraine against Lukashenko regime
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny