As a result of explosions at ammunition depot in Svatove, Luhansk region, 54 people got injured, Luhansk civil-military administration stated.
"According to the Troitske district state administration, 54 people were injured after the explosion of munition in Svatove. 40 out of them are placed in a therapeutic, infectious and children's department of Troitske territorial medical association, 14 -at Troitske regional nursing home for the elderly and disabled," said in a statement.
Security Service of Ukraine opened criminal case under article of terrorist attack due to the fire in Svatove, the General Staff spokesperson Vladyslav Selezniov told on the air of 112 Ukraine.
"For the moment, according to the press officers’ statement, right now there are 20 groups working in the area of the fire, comprising the representatives of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, the General Staff, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the State Emergency Service and the Security Service, whose task is to carry engineer reconnaissance and search for shells and the remains of those things that exploded in a fire,” Selezniov told.
Reportedly, the fire in Svatove has been isolated, according to the State Emergency Service (SES).
In addition, pyrotechnists plan to finish the survey of the territory for 2-3 days, the head of the press service of the SES in Lugansk region Oleksandr Chaly.
"There have already appeared more precise figures, it has become known how much of armament was stored – it is about 3 thousand tons of ammunition. The fire was caused due to detonation and subsequent separation of fragments of munition ... Now our pyrotechnic units in conjunction with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and pyrotechnic units of Ukrainian Armed Forces conducting a survey of the entire city.The city is divided into 15 sections, which are distributed between the pyrotechnic units ... A survey carried out according to the schedule, it is planned to finish the survey in 2-3 days," Chaly said.
As it was reported before, at 11:00, two people died and eight are injured as a result of events in Svatove, Luhansk region, where a military arsenal had been fired. It was reported by ATO spokesman Ruslan Tkachuk.
200 people were evacuated and another 500 left the town themselves. 898 rescuers and 169 vehicles are working to fix the situation. The people are placed into bomb shelters.
Currently Svatove is blocked. The checkpoints are established to prevent panic and looting. According to the previous conclusions of the experts, the fire was caused by the signal rocket detonation. The line of explosions has stopped, but some chaotic shells are still detonating.
“According to preliminary information, the incident in Svatovo ocurred in result of enemy’s actions, who set a goal of destabilizition of situation in the region,” the head of the Defence Ministry of Ukraine Stepan Poltorak stated.
476 private and multi-storey residential buildings are damaged by the fire and shells explosions. Nearly 5 thousand people have left their homes to get to the safe places. The fire also spead to the woods around the town.
Head of Luhansk civil-military administration Georgiy Tuka signed a decree on allocation over $ 400,000 for emergency mitigation in Svatovo, the press service of Luhansk CMA reported.
Recalling, October 29, a fire broke warehouses with military weapons. More than 3500 tonnes of ammunition are placed in the warehouses. Numerous chaotic explosions hamper the elimination of fire.