The authority cooperated with other law enforcement agencies to prevent the attacks, SBU said.
According to the information department of the SBU, the operatives managed to prevent the following numbers of terrorist act attempts:
- In 2015 - 18 cases (Donetsk, Kherson, Sumy, Kharkiv, Vinnytsia, Luhansk, Zaporizhya, Odesa and Kyiv regions);
- In 2016 - five cases (Kharkiv, Kherson, Odesa, Lviv and Luhansk regions);
- In 2017 - seven (Kyiv, Sumy, Luhansk and Donetsk regions);
- In 2018 - six (Kyiv, Luhansk, Lviv, Kharkiv and Sumy regions);
- In 2019 - six (Zaporizhya, Kharkiv and Luhansk regions);
- In 2020 - seven (Kyiv, Odesa, Luhansk and Volyn regions)
- In 2021 - three (Kyiv and Luhansk regions).
As is known, last month, a terrorist act attempt occurred in Kyiv, when a man brought a hand grenade to the building of the Cabinet of Ministers. He threatened to blow it up but eventually surrendered to the law enforcers.