“During the past 24 hours, 358 citizens crossed the administrative border with temporarily occupied Crimea; 201 people went to temporarily occupied territory and 157 people to mainland Ukraine,” the message said.
The border guard service reported that Kalanchak, Chaplynka, and Chongar checkpoints continue to work in a restricted regime.
Earlier, the Representative’s Office of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea announced the list of the humanitarian grounds for the crossing the checkpoint with annexed Crimea.
Thus, the grounds for the crossing of the checkpoints with peninsula are the following:
- the filing of the documents by an enrollee (with a parent/guardian) to enroll in education;
- presence of some confirmations of living in Crimea or controlled territory with the absence of the residence registration;
- the necessity to observe the principle of family unity;
- severe illness of a person or necessity to replenish medicines and or receiving of medical aid;
- death or serious illness of close relatives;
- other cases when the situation needs urgent crossing of the administrative border by a person (political prosecution).
As we reported, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine temporarily suspends the work of the checkpoint on the border with annexed Crimea. Entry and exit will be prohibited from 9 August.