The rate of the fatalities at work increased by 5.4% during 2018 and 350 Ukrainians sustained fatal injuries in 2018 in comparison with 332 persons in 2017. The Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine reported this.
Despite the increased mortality, the decrease of the number of the incidents and occupational diseases was spotted in 2018: last year 4,805 insurance fatalities were spotted (-3.2%) and 1,879 cases of the occupational diseases were spotted (-3.7%).
Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine implements the next payments for the victims of the incidents at work or occupational diseases:
- the support due to the temporary disability until the recovery of working capacity or determination of invalidity;
- one-time allowance in the case of the sustainable loss of the occupational ability or death of the victim;
- monthly insurance payment in the case of the full or partial loss of the occupational ability, which compensate for a proper part of the lost wage of the victim;
- insurance payment to the victim in the sum of the average monthly payment as the victim transferred to the easier and less paid job;
- monthly insurance payment to people who possess the right for it in the case of the death of the victim;
- compensation for the memorial services tied with the burial.
Moreover, in the case of the insurance case, the medical and social services are provided by the Fund. Particularly, the treatment of all direct consequences of the insurance case until the restoring health or during the whole life of the victim in the case of a particular need, provision of the rehabilitation on the basis of the medical and resort facilities, medical examinations, surgeries, endoprostheses, prostheses, provision with the medications and products of the medical purpose.
Earlier we reported that the Ukrainian population may reduce by 18% by 2050 and reach number mark of 36 million people due to the labor migration.
We also wrote that the Ukrainian labor migrants have sent to Ukraine 600 million Euros from the Czech Republic.