There's a threat that the arranged meeting of leaders of the Normandy Four countries could be sabotaged. Andrei Rudenko, the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister said so in an interview with RIA Novosti news agency.
"So far, only the exchange of detained people took place in terms of this list (the Paris package of agreements, - 112 International). The rest has not been observed. The actions of Ukrainians in the contact group and the statements from Kyiv raise doubts whether it would be possible to implement by April", Rudenko said.
He also added that without any real progress in the implementation of the Paris package, first of all its political aspects, one should not be talking right now about the new terms of holding the new meeting.
During the Normandy meeting in Paris in December 2019, leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France agreed to host the next summit in four months (in April 2020). The Paris package included the following commitments:
- the all-for-all exchange between Ukraine and the occupied Donbas by December 2019;
- the division of forces in three new designated sections by March 2020;
- the prolongation of the law on the peculiarities of local governance in Donbas;
- full ceasefire by the end of 2019, and full OSCE control over the militant-held areas of Donetsk and Luhansk region around the clock.
- the implementation of Steinmeier formula in the Ukrainian law