Volodymyr Zelensky's team revealed the plan to reform the banking system of Ukraine - in case of a possible victory in the presidential election. Viktoriya Strakhova, the bank sector expert from Zelensky's team made the respective post on Facebook.
The key points are the following:
- Ukrainian banks fund long-lasting investment projects and road construction all over the country; the volume of corporate loans is supposed to increase several times compared to the current one;
- Small business owners will be able to get a loan to open the business with reduced interest rates, which will let them develop normally, instead of surviving;
- Most of the young families will be able to buy the dwelling on credit;
- Users of financial services will be protected from law infringements;
- Most of the financial services will be transferred to the digital format;
- The level of financial education of people will let them plan their own financial future;
- The level of pension provision lets Ukraine's retired people travel across the globe.
Strakhova admitted that the basic provisions are mentioned in the election program of Volodymyr Zelensky.
The expert added that the president's authority in this area is limited; he can merely use the right of the legal initiative for draft laws aimed at the development of business. She also claimed that one cannot provide development of the banking and financial sector without the 'actual struggle against corruption'.