Iran should stop all test launches of ballistic missiles to avoid even more serious economic sanctions by the U.S. Mike Pompeo, the U.S. Secretary of State said that with the press revealing his statement.
"The United States will not stand by and watch the Iranian regimes destructive policies place international stability and security at risk. We advise the regimen to reconsider these provocative launches and cease all activities related to ballistic missiles in order to avoid deeper economic and diplomatic isolation", reads the statement released on Thursday.
Previously, U.S. leader Donald Trump said Washington would withdraw from the international agreement on Iran nuclear program and renewed the sanctions against the power, financial and other areas of the Iranian economy.
In December, Pompeo claimed that there was a necessity to re-impose the UN Security Council sanctions against Iran to counteract the Iranian program for creation of ballistic missiles. Earlier, he stressed that the sanctions against Iran would remain in effect until the Iranian government changes its political course.