Bill Taylor, U.S. Charge d’Affaires in Ukraine and key witness in House of Representatives impeachment hearings of U.S. President Donald Trump, will depart from his temporary post on January 2, CNN reports.
17:26 19.06.2021 'Provocation of Russia': Defense Ministry reacts to information about delay in U.S. military aid
U.S. Charge d’Affaires to leave Ukraine in 2020
The former ambassador had been brought out of retirement earlier this year to take on duties in the embassy after Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was recalled to Washington at the Trump's direction.
Taylor provided a lot of information on Trump telling his appointees to establish a quid pro quo with Ukraine, offering much-needed U.S. military aid and an Oval Office meeting in exchange for personal political favors.
According to the sources, there were ways to extend his time in Kyiv, but there was no effort in doing so.
As we reported earlier, William Taylor, the U.S. Chargé d’Affaires in Ukraine congratulated Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky on the most recent "accomplishments" in Donbas and foreign policy.
"I congratulate President Zelenskyy and his foreign policy team for their recent accomplishments. Successfully bringing sailors and other political prisoners home; disengaging at Stanytsia Luhanska, Zolote, and Petrivske; and, most recently, securing the return of the Ukrainian ships that Russia illegally seized are concrete accomplishments on the road to peace, and all Ukrainians have reason to be proud. We also welcome the announcement of the upcoming Normandy Format summit and look forward to additional progress toward peace," the statement reads.
- POLITICS22:11Ukrainian exports increased over 25% for five months of 2021, - PM
- SPORT21:23Germany beat Portugal in Euro 2020 second round
- POLITICS20:35Monument to doctors who died from Covid-19 opening in Kyiv
- POLITICS19:48U.S. begins to reduce missile defense assets in the Middle East
- UKRAINE TOP 19:01Coronavirus mapping dashboard: world online
- SPORT18:12Euro 2020: Hungary hold France to a 1-1 draw
- POLITICS17:26'Provocation of Russia': Defense Ministry reacts to information about delay in U.S. military aid
- POLITICS16:38Lukashenko says Belarus will not allow flights from Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:03Over two mln coronavirus vaccinations made in Ukraine
- SOCIETY14:12Road from Kyiv to Boryspil airport to be blocked for two months
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny