Bill Taylor, U.S. Charge d’Affaires in Ukraine and key witness in House of Representatives impeachment hearings of U.S. President Donald Trump, will depart from his temporary post on January 2, CNN reports.
23:17 25.01.2022 8,500 US military put on alert as response to crisis in Eastern Europe: World's reaction to escalation in Ukraine
22:34 25.01.2022 Russia tests combat readiness of troops, increases intelligence on Ukrainian border
21:52 25.01.2022 US considers control of export of semiconductors to Russia in case of invasion of Ukraine
U.S. Charge d’Affaires to leave Ukraine in 2020
The former ambassador had been brought out of retirement earlier this year to take on duties in the embassy after Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was recalled to Washington at the Trump's direction.
Taylor provided a lot of information on Trump telling his appointees to establish a quid pro quo with Ukraine, offering much-needed U.S. military aid and an Oval Office meeting in exchange for personal political favors.
According to the sources, there were ways to extend his time in Kyiv, but there was no effort in doing so.
As we reported earlier, William Taylor, the U.S. Chargé d’Affaires in Ukraine congratulated Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky on the most recent "accomplishments" in Donbas and foreign policy.
"I congratulate President Zelenskyy and his foreign policy team for their recent accomplishments. Successfully bringing sailors and other political prisoners home; disengaging at Stanytsia Luhanska, Zolote, and Petrivske; and, most recently, securing the return of the Ukrainian ships that Russia illegally seized are concrete accomplishments on the road to peace, and all Ukrainians have reason to be proud. We also welcome the announcement of the upcoming Normandy Format summit and look forward to additional progress toward peace," the statement reads.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:56Day in Donbas: Five attacks on Ukrainian positions, two Ukrainian soldiers wounded
- UKRAINE TOP 22:34Russia tests combat readiness of troops, increases intelligence on Ukrainian border
- POLITICS21:52US considers control of export of semiconductors to Russia in case of invasion of Ukraine
- POLITICS21:07Netherlands allows its diplomats to leave Ukraine at will
- SOCIETY20:24Stoltenberg: NATO not to deploy troops in Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 19:40Biden, European leaders and NATO discuss methods of deterring Russia
- POLITICS18:57Third military cargo plane from U.S. reaches Ukraine
- SOCIETY18:47Omicron lives on plastic, leather longer than other strains, - study
- POLITICS18:08Canada calls on families of diplomats to leave Ukraine, - media
- SOCIETY17:41SaveFOP rally in Kyiv: Entrepreneurs announce timeless protest action
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
11 January 2022, 17:22 US security aid for Ukraine, Russian invasion possibility, situation in Kazakhstan, Jan. 11