Bill Taylor, U.S. Charge d’Affaires in Ukraine and key witness in House of Representatives impeachment hearings of U.S. President Donald Trump, will depart from his temporary post on January 2, CNN reports.
19:41 28.11.2020 UN Secretary General Guterres urges Iran to refrain from revenge for death of nuclear scientist
17:18 28.11.2020 NewsOne journalist attacked and knocked out microphone at ceremony honoring Holodomor victims
16:31 28.11.2020 Coronavirus crisis: Over 10% of small and medium-sized enterprises in Ukraine on verge of bankruptcy
U.S. Charge d’Affaires to leave Ukraine in 2020
The former ambassador had been brought out of retirement earlier this year to take on duties in the embassy after Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch was recalled to Washington at the Trump's direction.
Taylor provided a lot of information on Trump telling his appointees to establish a quid pro quo with Ukraine, offering much-needed U.S. military aid and an Oval Office meeting in exchange for personal political favors.
According to the sources, there were ways to extend his time in Kyiv, but there was no effort in doing so.
As we reported earlier, William Taylor, the U.S. Chargé d’Affaires in Ukraine congratulated Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky on the most recent "accomplishments" in Donbas and foreign policy.
"I congratulate President Zelenskyy and his foreign policy team for their recent accomplishments. Successfully bringing sailors and other political prisoners home; disengaging at Stanytsia Luhanska, Zolote, and Petrivske; and, most recently, securing the return of the Ukrainian ships that Russia illegally seized are concrete accomplishments on the road to peace, and all Ukrainians have reason to be proud. We also welcome the announcement of the upcoming Normandy Format summit and look forward to additional progress toward peace," the statement reads.
Donald Trump Loser: Banner with signs put up at Eiffel Tower 23 November 2020, 20:05
Trump announces upcoming deliveries of Covid-19 vaccine 27 November 2020, 16:01
Trump loses 34 election cases, most recent in Pennsylvania 22 November 2020, 18:04
Georgia confirms Biden's victory in US Presidential Election 21 November 2020, 18:30
- SOCIETY22:02Belgium to ease quarantine ahead of Christmas Eve
- POLITICS21:14WHO reports record for Covid-19 incidence in the world per day
- POLITICS20:27No prerequisites for immediate introduction of lockdown in Ukraine, - Arakhamia
- POLITICS19:41UN Secretary General Guterres urges Iran to refrain from revenge for death of nuclear scientist
- UKRAINE TOP 18:53Coronavirus mapping dashboard: world online
- FINANCE18:05President's Office predicts fall of Ukrainian economy by no more than 5% this year
- SOCIETY17:18NewsOne journalist attacked and knocked out microphone at ceremony honoring Holodomor victims
- POLITICS16:31Coronavirus crisis: Over 10% of small and medium-sized enterprises in Ukraine on verge of bankruptcy
- UKRAINE TOP 15:44Coronavirus in Ukraine dashboard: online
- SOCIETY15:00Over 7,000 EU residence permits issued to Ukrainians in 2019
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny