Ukrainian ombudsman Lyudmyla Denisova requests that Russia release 24 Ukrainian sailors under her personal recognizance. She filed the respective appeal on July 18, after Lefortovo court extended the detention period for another three months. Denisova said that the Russian side considers her appeal, and it's up to the chief of the investigation department now.
Ukraine's ombudsman asks Russia to release Ukrainian seamen under personal recognizance
As we reported earlier, on November 25, 2018, Russian border guards seized the Ukrainian Yana Kapu raid tug and small armored artillery boats Berdyansk and Nikopol of the Naval Forces of Ukraine in the Kerch Strait area, using weapons. As a result of the incident, 24 Ukrainian sailors were detained and arrested. They were transported from Crimea to the Moscow Lefortovo detention facility. In addition, three Ukrainian sailors wounded during the shelling by the Russians were transferred to the Prison Hospital.
July 9 in Russia, the final accusation against all 24 Ukrainian prisoners of seamen was brought.
Day in Donbas: Four attacks, no casualties among Ukrainian troops 30 November 2020, 10:14
Day in Donbas: Russian mercenaries landed two attacks, no casualties 27 November 2020, 10:16
Two ceasefire violations in Donbas since beginning of day 2 December 2020, 15:45
Day in Donbas: Ukrainian forces take no casualties 1 December 2020, 23:55
- SOCIETY21:24Rock slide at Ternivska coal mine: Rescuers get one miner from under debris
- SOCIETY20:40Facebook to remove misleading ads about Covid-19 vaccines
- UKRAINE TOP 19:13Zakarpattia’s Head about incident with lawmakers: video of oath is speculation
- FINANCE18:31On Friday, dollar exchange rate in Ukraine to make UAH 28.30
- POLITICS17:48Azerbaijan announces number of soldiers deceased in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- SOCIETY17:23MEPs offer to let workers switch off phones in their own time
- SOCIETY16:40Strict quarantine in Turkey not to extend on foreign tourists
- POLITICS16:31Ukroboronprom defense concern to be disbanded in 2021
- SOCIETY15:48Covid-19: Italy bans domestic interregional traffic during holiday time
- SOCIETY15:40Covid-19 pandemic becomes the most global crisis in healthcare in 75 years, - UN
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny