Ukrainian ombudsman Lyudmyla Denisova requests that Russia release 24 Ukrainian sailors under her personal recognizance. She filed the respective appeal on July 18, after Lefortovo court extended the detention period for another three months. Denisova said that the Russian side considers her appeal, and it's up to the chief of the investigation department now.
23:20 23.06.2021 Schedule of Euro 2020 matches: Where and when you can watch games of the European Championship
22:10 23.06.2021 Russia's "warning shots" against British destroyer in Black Sea: What's happening and was there any shooting at all?
Ukraine's ombudsman asks Russia to release Ukrainian seamen under personal recognizance
As we reported earlier, on November 25, 2018, Russian border guards seized the Ukrainian Yana Kapu raid tug and small armored artillery boats Berdyansk and Nikopol of the Naval Forces of Ukraine in the Kerch Strait area, using weapons. As a result of the incident, 24 Ukrainian sailors were detained and arrested. They were transported from Crimea to the Moscow Lefortovo detention facility. In addition, three Ukrainian sailors wounded during the shelling by the Russians were transferred to the Prison Hospital.
July 9 in Russia, the final accusation against all 24 Ukrainian prisoners of seamen was brought.
Day in Donbas: No losses in ranks of Ukrainian forces 15 June 2021, 23:58
Day in Donbas: Five attacks, two drone launches observed 22 June 2021, 23:56
Day in Donbas: 120 mm mines hit vicinities of Pisky, Donetsk region 17 June 2021, 23:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Day in Donbas: Six ceasefire breaches,no casualties among Ukrainian forces
- SPORT22:53Euro 2020: Ukraine’s national team secures place in playoffs
- SPORT21:33Spain reaches playoffs after convincing 5-0 win over Slovakia
- POLITICS20:51Germany, France want to invite Putin to EU summit
- UKRAINE TOP 20:20Ukraine toughens rules on entry due to Delta coronavirus strain
- POLITICS20:09US to lift oil sanctions on Iran
- UKRAINE TOP 19:31Blinken: U.S. not to allow Russia to use Nord Stream 2 as weapon against Ukraine
- SOCIETY18:56AstraZeneca and Pfizer Covid vaccines are effective against Delta strain, - study
- POLITICS18:55Hungary opens land borders to neighboring countries excluding Ukraine
- SOCIETY18:30Fourth stage of Covid-19 vaccination starts in Ukraine
SOCIETY 3 September 2020, 15:48 Ukraine assigns funds to purchase Remdesivir to treat Covid-19
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 18:26 Lukashenko accuses Ukraine of interference in Belarus’ affairs
POLITICS 3 September 2020, 17:14 Lukashenko states to intercept secret talks of Merkel about Navalny
23 June 2021, 13:20 Sea snot: Ecologists warn of ecological disaster in Black Sea