The Ukrainian side will appeal against the statements delivered by Russia during today’s session of the UN Criminal Court in the Hague. The respective statement by the Ukrainian delegation will be released tomorrow. A correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel said this on Tuesday, March 7.
The Ukrainian side did not have an opportunity to speak today, so their statement is expected to be published tomorrow, the reporter said. She added that relatives of those who perished in the MH17 crash approached the court’s building, demanding to punish the Russians who they believe to be behind the tragic accident.
The correspondent also said that the Russian side left the court’s building after the session, ignoring the press.
Earlier today, Russian delegation claimed that the pro-Kremlin militants allegedly found weapons hidden in the mines in eastern Ukraine, assuring that it was either Soviet or the Ukrainian weaponry left behind by the Ukrainian army in Donbas.
Previously, Ukraine sued Russia for breaching two UN conventions within this country’s military aggression in Donbas – the one on countering sponsorship of terrorism and the one about liquidation of all forms of racial discrimination.
Ukraine has been demanding that Russia stops funding illegal armed units in Donbas and returns the Mejlis of Crimean Tatars their legal status in the annexed Crimea.