The Ukrainian government misinformed European Council, in its explanatory letter on arson in the TV channel Inter building. This was announced by MP from the Opposition bloc Yuriy Pavlenko, commenting on the progress of the investigation.
According to him, in response to the request of the Council of Europe, the representatives of the Ukrainian government reported on the investigation of "hooliganism", while SBU qualified the events of September 4, 2016 as a terrorist act. Pavlenko said that the government deliberately weakens the charge against terrorists, because they are associated with the leaders of the Narodnyi Front party.
"There are people in the government who do not want the Inter attack case was investigated. The Council of Europe has taken the investigation of the events of September 4 last year under special control, but everything is done to make Europe lose its interest to this crime. It is obvious that someone in the government is interested in the fact that terrorism is taken for "hooliganism" and the terrorists escape from punishment", said Pavlenko.
Recall, on September 4, 2016 radicals attacked the office of the Inter TV channel and set it on fire. As a result, the TV studio was destroyed. Kyiv Prosecutor's Office announced on October 18 it was a "terrorist act" and gave the case to the Security Service of Ukraine.